Keep your feet happy with these healthy tips.
- Wash feet daily with soap (while in the shower).
- Dry feet carefully. Especially between the toes. Long-standing whiteness between the toes needs to be treated.
- Use a moisturizing cream preferably over lotion on the feet daily to aid in reducing dryness and relax the foot muscles.
- Be aware of the condition your feet are in on a regular basis, especially if you are diabetic.
- Checking feet on a daily basis is necessary.
- Wear appropriate shoes for your activity.
- Tennis- Tennis shoes
- Basketball – Basketball shoes
- Running and walking activities – A Cross trainer or running shoe for running.
- Walking – Walking shoe
- Respect your feet at all times whether they ache or not.
- Seek professional advice for your feet this can be useful to prevent long-term problems with
- your feet. It can be preventative.
- Make sure your Podiatrist is registered with the local council and a recognised overseas body.
SOME FOOT FACTS:
DID you know that our feet are made up of 26 bones and over 100 muscles, ligaments and tendons?
Did you know walking is great for your feet, it helps massage all those tiny muscles and tendons and nurtures them with a good blood supply?
*Always seek the advice of your Podiatrist